Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

College Football Means More Time With My Son

Post contributed by Josue Durham

I don't get to see my son very often because he owns his own business and is constantly working to make it a success. While this is great for him, it has meant less time for him and I to spend together. And I'm the one who came up with the idea in the first place. However, there is a silver lining. My son has the option of working his own hours. Most of the year, he will work twelve-hour days. But he is a big college football fan. This means that when the college football conference championships come around, he will be coming over to watch the game with me. This is a real treat. We cook on the grill, catch up on things, talk about some old memories, and then sit down to watch the games on my directtv deals.

I grew up as an Ohio State fan, which makes sense since I grew up in Cleveland and went to OSU. My son is the type of person that needs to find his own way. He got out of Cleveland as fast as possible and ended up going to USC. This was tough, but at least he came back home to the Cleveland area after he was done with school. It will also be nice this year since my team has a much better chance at the title than his does. I'll try not to rub it in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cherry's Comfort Zone Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template