Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Holly Jolly Christmas

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

I always get so excited when my favorite animated Christmas special is on my satellite television from http://www.cannonsatellite.com/hd-programming.cfm. Every year around the early weeks of December I anxiously wait for Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to air. This stop-motion animation is not only a great story morally, it brings in a great dose of nostalgia that makes me feel as if I'm a child sitting in front of my television again.

There are so many interested and wonderful parts to this special. The highlights of this show would definitely have to be the music. Who can forget Burl Ives and his mesmerizing introduction and song "Holly Jolly Christmas?" One of my favorite songs has got to be "We Are Santa's Elves." I am always singing along to that song!

The characters are truly unforgettable. The reason why they are so special is due to their flaws. In the world of holiday perfection, Rudolph and some of his friends stick out like sore thumbs. Hermey is an outcast in the small elf community due to his love for dentistry. There is even a whole island where misfit toys stay. All these misfit toys want is a home and owner to cherish them and play with them. If that doesn't tug at your heart strings I don't know what will!

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is a classic in so many ways. It captures the hearts of children and adults everywhere who know that being a misfit is all about. However even misfits have their day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cherry's Comfort Zone Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template