Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

What Not To Wear....

Written by my friend Judson Kelly

When I was a little girl, I have to admit (with shame) that I thought I was the Fashion Police, so when the television show "What Not To Wear" started, I was happy to be released from my duties.

Since the show started, I haven't missed watching it on my satellite television that I got after seeing this DirectTV HD DVR Specials comparison. Every week we get to see a new 'fashion no no' with a different person as the hosts, Stacy and Clinton, make over someone new. They start the show out by "following around" the fashion victim without the victim knowing what's going on. So we get to see the person in their true colors, and we already start to think the 80's called, and they wanted their clothes back....

Stacey has an 'in your face' attitude when she's criticizing the fashion victim, but soon you see that there is a sweet exterior underneath that armor, even when she is coaxing the guest into throwing away years and years of bad wardrobe. Clinton interjects with his off beat, quiet humor, but gets his point across as well. At the very end of the show though, when the guest comes out completely made over, looking like a new person, you can really see Stacey and Clinton almost cry when they see their new completed 'project' go from "what not to wear" to "what to wear".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cherry's Comfort Zone Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template