Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 09, 2011

Girls Night At The Oscars

Guest post of the week by Robby Sykes

I love the Academy Awards. The whole process is neat to watch. All year I go out to see new movies and I keep tabs on who I think will get an Oscar. When the nominees come out I like to check my list and see if I was even close. On the night of the show, the girls come over to watch because I have the HDTV with satellite from http://www.tvbydirect.com/ and I make the best brownies. We all tally up our votes before the show and we see who guessed the most winners as we go. It has become our ritual and I look forward to it every year.

While it is nice to see who wins the awards, watching the red carpet is by far the best part. We love seeing what! everyone is wearing and the commentaries are hilarious. So many rumors start on the red carpet, so I have to watch just to stay in the loop.

The show itself is fun to watch too. The performances are usually visually stunning and you never know what to expect on stage. Listening to all the speeches can be tedious sometimes, but I love watching a sincere winner accept their award.

The Oscars may be the biggest night in show business for fashion and recognition alike. I love being a part of the excitement and one of the first to gossip about it the next day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cherry's Comfort Zone Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template